In April 2005, following a request from the QAA, the Board decided to introduce an observer category to the network. The Board also agreed that APQN need to develop criteria for who can be accepted as observers and what is meant by Observer Status.
APQN accepts as observers organizations outside the Asia-Pacific region, including:
- external quality assurance agencies (EQAAs);
- higher education institutions (HEIs) with a major interest in evaluation, accreditation and quality assurance in higher education;
- other regional networks which have major interests in and strong links with the region.
1) QA Organizations wishing to apply for Observer Status should complete the online application form indicating its interest in the region and reasons for becoming an observer to APQN. The application will be examined by the Secretariat who prepares a recommendation for Observer Status for the Board’s approval.
2) Observers may at their own cost participate in APQN events open for APQN members.
3) Observers may at their own cost participate in the AGM but without the right to vote.
4) Observers may view the members-only area on the website.
5) Observers pay an annual fee of US$250 since 2017