THE ASIA-PACIFIC QUALITY NETWORK (APQN)
2019 APQN Academic Conference (AAC) and Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Quality Assurance in the Asia-Pacific Region:
Insight into the Future
(March 28-31, 2019, Colombo, Sri Lanka)
Call for Papers for 2019 APQN Academic Conference
APQN Academic Conference (AAC) and Annual General Meeting (AGM) is the main annual event for discussing and advancing quality assurance in higher education throughout the Asia-Pacific Region. The Board of APQN is delighted to announce that the next AAC and AGM will be held in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 28-31, 2019. The University Grants Commission (hereinafter referred to as “UGC”), Sri Lanka will host this great event.
The target audience for the AAC and AGM is primarily those associated with quality assurance in the Asia-Pacific region. It includes APQN Members and Observers, the Board, the Committees and the Project Groups. In addition, other higher education institutions, agencies, organizations working in the field of quality assurance in the whole world are welcome to attend AAC events that are open to all registered delegates except the AGM which is for APQN members only.
2. Conference Themes
The main theme of the 2019 AAC is:
Quality Assurance in the Asia-Pacific Region: Insight into the Future
The sub-themes are:
1)Innovative approaches to the development of internal QA: transforming challenges into opportunities;
2) Application of new technologies in evaluation and accreditation of programs, Institutes and long distance;
3) Cultural diversity and its implications for the quality of Cross Border higher education;
4) Role of institutions and students in the enhancement of Quality Culture in higher education.
You are invited to submit papers on a topic of your choice related to one of the topics above. Ideas fortopics can be drawn from the list of theme and sub-themes, or can be of your own choice. Pleaseindicate how your selected topic relates to the theme of the Conference.
Interested persons can register at AAC 2019 website. The registration fee is USD 300. Hotel accommodation during the conference should be borne by the participants themselves. Refreshments and lunch during the conference will be provided by the local organizer.
3. Guidelines for paper submissions
- Papers should be no more than 3000 words in length, including the appendices, tables, illustrations and photographs, plus an abstract of up to 200 words and abio-sketch of 100 words with one photo of the author.The paper must be in English.
- Papers will be reviewed by a review
- If your paper is selected for presentation, it is expected that you will have: 15 minutes for presentation; 2)10 minutes for questions/discussion’
- If accepted and presented at the AAC 2019, your paper will be published in “2019 AAC Proceedings” published by the APQN after the conference. Your permission for publishing will be requested.
4. Timeline - key dates and events
The following dates should be remember:
|May 30, 2018||Call for Papers for 2019 APQN Academic Conference(AAC)|
|June 30, 2018||Online Registration is open|
|June 30, 2017||
1. Call for 2019 Staff Capacity Building
2. Call for 2019 Applications for Sponsorship
3. Call for Nominations for 2019 APQN Awards
4. Call for the Host of the Applications for Hosting 2020 AAC and AGM
|November 30, 2018||
1. Deadline for 2019 Call for Paper
2. Deadline for 2019 Staff Capacity Building
3. Deadline for Nominations for 2019 APQN Awards
4. Deadline for 2019 applications for Sponsorship
5.Deadline for the Host of the Applications for Hosting 2020 AAC and AGM
6. Call for the 100-word bio-sketch with a photo of the registers for “Participant Booklet”
|February 25, 2019||Deadline for online registration and payment|
|March 28, 2019||1st Board meeting and registration is open in Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|March 29-30, 2019||2019 APQN Academic Conference(AAC) and Annual General Meeting(AGM) in Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|March 31, 2019||Half-day city tour in the morning in Colombo|
If your paper is accepted for presentation in the 2019 APQN Conference and AGM, all distribution of supplementary material to the audience will be your responsibility.
5. Tentative Program
|Day-1(March 28, 2019)|
|16:00-19:30||Board meetings (Board members only)|
|Day-2 (March 29, 2019)|
|10:30-12:30||Keynote Speech -1|
|Parallel Sessions1-2; Workshop 1|
|APQN Quality Award Ceremony|
|Day-3 (March 30, 2019)|
|Parallel Session 3-4;Workshop 2|
|15:30-16:30||Annual General Meeting (APQN members only)|
|16:30-18:00||The 2nd Board Meeting|
|Day-4 (March 31, 2019)|
|08:30-13:00||City tour to Colombo, Sri Lanka|
6. Copyright Clause
Contributors (including co-authors) submittheir conference papers on the following copyright basis, if selected for inclusion in the Program:
1) The contributor hereby grants the publisher (APQN) a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to print, publish, reproduce or distribute the work throughout the world by all means of expression, including electronic format, for the purposes of 2019 AAC and AGM. The author further grants the publisher the right to use the author's name in association with the work in published form and in promotional materials. Copyright of the work remains in the author's name and the author reserves all other rights.
2) The author agrees not to use the work in any way that implies that the publisher endorses any practice or procedure described in the work.
3) The author represents and warrants that the work:
does not violate any copyright or intellectual property right of any person or entity;
contains no material that is libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful; and
meets ethical standards applicable to the research discipline.
4) The author shall indemnify and hold the publisher harmless against loss or expenses arising from breach of any such warranties.
By submitting a paper for delivery in the APQN Conference and AGM, the author agrees to the terms and conditions within this document.
7. Further Information
Registration: You can register for this event through the website. Online registration will soon open and will close on the last day of February, 2019.
1. Prof Deepthi C. Bandara (Chair of the Local organizing Committee)
Director of Quality Assurance and Accreditation Council, University Grants Commission (UGC),
Add.: 20, Ward Place, Colombo 7, Sri Lanka
2. Mr. Zhang Lingfei (APQN Administrator)
Add.: No. 202, South Shaanxi Road, Shanghai, China
3. Prof. Dr. Jianxin Zhang (APQN President, Chair of the Programme Committee)
Add.: No. 2, CuiHu BeiLu, Yunnan Higher Education Evaluation Center(YHEEC), Kunming, China