‘To enhance the quality of higher education in Asia and the Pacific region through strengthening the work of quality assurance agencies and extending the cooperation between them.’
Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN) is one of the two leading Quality Assurance network in the world. It is founded in 2003 in Hong Kong with 57 members and 6 observers from 27 countries. Dr. Jagannath Patil is the current President of Asia Pacific Quality Network [APQN], the largest regional network of QA bodies. In 10 years APQN has grown to 140 members from 50 countries of Asia and Pacific.
- Promote good practice in the maintenance and improvement of quality in higher education in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Provide advice and expertise to assist in the development of new quality assurance agencies in the region.
- Develop links between quality assurance agencies and acceptance of each other’s ‘decisions and judgments.
- Assist members determine standards of institutions operating across national borders.
- Facilitate recognition of qualifications throughout the region.
- Enhance mobility of students between institutions and member nations.
Most impact has occurred:
- in improving QA mechanisms across national systems in various countries
- in the exchange of ideas and of expertise,
- in enhanced institutional capabilities,
- in promoting communication and cooperation between agencies and institutions.
For more details – www.apqn.org