Dr. Manuel Corpus, Founding President and Executive Director,
Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines (AACCUP), Inc. which has been recognized as:
APQN’s 2013 Quality Service Awardee in the category of
"Vibrant Quality Assurance Body"
Winner of APQN’s Quality Award 2016 in the category of
"Strengthening Quality Assurance as a Profession"
Concurrently, he is the Executive Director of the Philippine’s National Network of Quality Assurance Agencies (NNQAA).
He is the Founding President (1987), and the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, and President of the AACCUP for thirteen (13) years, from 1987 to 2,000. He continued his link with AACCUP as its full-time Executive Director and has led in the formulation of the Manual of Accreditation, the survey instruments, procedures and practices of accreditation and in the training of Accreditors, and the conduct of over 500 on-site survey visits in a span of 15 years.
He extended his services in quality assurance across national borders.
- Team Leader (with members from Hong Kong, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and the Philippines) of the first APQN major project: “Study of Qualifications Frameworks in the Asia-Pacific Region” completed in 2007;
- Coopted Member of the APQN Board in 2005; and eventually an elected member of the Board, 2016-2019;
- Member of the Panel of Reviewers in the Peer Review of the Quality Assurance and Accreditation Council (QAAC) in Sri Lanka in June 25-27, 2006;
- Presentor of papers in about 10 INQAAHE and APQN Conferences;
- Member of the 7-man World Bank Team led by Dr. Marjorie Peace Lenn in 2008 to conduct initial institutional accreditation of 19 schools in Timor-Leste; followed by engagement as Foreign Expert by the ANAAA, Timor-Leste in 2009, 2013, and 2015; and earlier
- USAID Consultant on Project Management in Nigeria (1972), and US Department of Agriculture, Washington, DC (1976); and UNDP Consultant in Nepal (1980).
Dr. Corpus has extensive exposure in working in a Board as he has been:
- University President and Vice Chairman of the Board of Regents of the Cagayan State University in 1979-1989;
- President and Vice Chairman of the Board of Regents of the Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University in 1989-2000; and as
- President of the Philippine Association of State Universities and Colleges, an association of 112 State Universities and Colleges, in 1983-85.
He earned his Master’s Degree at the University of the Philippines, and his Ph. D. at the University of Pittsburgh, USA